- Boil water in a saucepan and add a spoonful of salt. Once the water starts boiling, add the paneer pieces and keep for 10 minutes. Drain out the water and keep the paneer aside.
- Take Ginger paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, Red Chilli powder and turmeric powder in a small bowl and make a paste out of it by adding a little water.
- Add oil in a Kadhai and add the paneer pieces once it is hot. Fry paneer till it turns slight brown in colour. Remove from the Kadhai. Fry the potatoes in similar fashion.
- Pour some more oil and wait till it is hot. Throw in cumin seeds and let them splutter. Now, add the cauliflower pieces and fry it for a while.
- Once the cauliflower turns golden in colour, add the potatoes and the spice paste (refer to step 2).
|You can even add green chillies if you want it to be spicy.|
- Now add sugar and salt to it and also throw in chopped tomatoes.
- Cook all the ingredients till the spices mix well with the vegetables and a nice aroma comes out.
- Add some water for the gravy and allow the vegetables to cook for sometime (till the cauliflower and potatoes are done) on low flame.
- Finally, add the paneer pieces and cook for 1 minute on high flame.
- Sprinkle some garam masala powder and some ghee before removing from flame.
- You can garnish it with coriander leaves if you want.
|Garnish with coriander leaves if you want|
Serve hot with rice or chapattis.