- In order to remove the skin from almonds easily, soak them in hot water for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Keep a slice of lemon at the corner of each of the trays in your refrigerator. It will prevent the spread of food related odour inside.
- Apply some lemon juice on the cut surface of apples to prevent browning.
- While making pakoras, add a little semolina and rice flour to the batter. It will make them crispier.
- Have you added extra salt in your gravy by mistake? Cut a potato into two and place the two halves in your gravy. The potato will absorb all the extra salt.
- We all cry while chopping onions. The easiest way to keep the tears away is to refrigerate onions before chopping.
- Do you have left-over lemon slices? Rub them on your elbows with some sugar. It will help in lightening the elbow joints.
- While make cake in a microwave, keep a small bowl of water inside the microwave. It will help in making the cake softer.
Kitchen Tips and Tricks
We usually gather a lot of kitchen hacks and useful tips from our friends and elders but tend to forget them. So I have tried to gather and put in as many as these life saving tips in this page. You can also share some of yours as well and I can add them up too.